Mushrooms are a favorite to everyone and I’m sure you would have ordered stuffed mushroom at least once at the restaurant. But what if I tell you that it is quite easy to make them at home and that too with an Indian twist? Well, let me not keep you waiting and lets get into making easy stuffed mushroom!
Dish: Stuffed Mushrooms
Served as: Starters/Snack
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients Required to make Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Mushrooms: Stem and bulb separated
- Capsicum: 1/4th of a cup, chopped finely
- Onion: 1-small sized, chopped finely
- Garlic: 5-6 pods, chopped finely
- Carrot: 1/4th cup, grated
- Paneer: 1/4th cup, grated
- Cheese: 1/2 cup, grated, separated into two batches
- Chilli Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Chat Masala: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: To taste
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Soy Sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Chilli Flakes: 1/2 teaspoon
- Oregano: 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter: 2 teaspoon
- Cornflour: 1 spoon
- Milk: 1/2 Cup
- Chop the mushroom stem finely. Addin grated carrot, panner and mix well
- Mix together all the dry spices, sugar, salt, and the soy sauce to obtain a coarse paste
- In a pan, heat the butter
- Addin the chopped onion, garlic and saute well until the onion becomes translucent
- Add in the capsicum and cook well.
- Add the earlier mixed vegetable mixture to the above pan and saute before adding the spice paste to it.
- Once the spice and vegetable mix is cooked well, add in the first batch of the grated cheese
- To this mixture, add the milk and let it simmer and cook well in low flame
- Add in the cornflour additionally and continue stirring until you get a bound mixture
- Grease an oven pan with some oil and place the mushroom bulbs with the cavity facing upward
- Add the prepared mixture into the cavity
- Top it with grated cheese
- Additionally, preheat the microwave oven and cook the stuffed mushroom in it for 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can also cook them in Tawa. If you are using a Tawa, then heat the Tawa, lower the flame, place a plate on top of it, and then add mushroom. Furthermore, cover with a plate and cook in low flame for 2-3 minutes. Keep an eye out in order to ensure that the mushrooms are not burnt!
- You’re done! Plate the mushroom and enjoy a very tasty snack!
Furthermore, For more such recipe please join us here