Tahini is a famous dip that is made from toasted ground sesame and is most commonly used in Middle-Eastern countries. Tahini Halwa is made using Tahini as a base ingredient.
Consecutively, we can make tahini at home as well and all we need are only 3 main ingredients to create undoubtedly the perfect tahini (Sesame seeds, oil and salt ). Furthermore, these are the steps to make it:
- First, add the sesame seeds to a wide, dry sauced pan over medium low heat
- Second, toast the seeds till its fragrant and not brown
- Then, In about 3-5 minutes the seeds will be lightly colored and not brown
- Now, add the toasted sesame seeds into a food processor, grind it and let it cool for few minutes
- As it cools, process it till a paste is formed
- Next, add a little bit of oil and process it again for 2 to 3 minutes
- Now, blend it till it becomes smooth
- Finally, add salt and blend it again for a few more minute
- Taste it and refrigerate it for an hour or you can consume it instantly
To sum-up, we get the best tahini with three ingredients.
- 1 cup of sugar (icing sugar)
- Then, one and a half cup of Tahini(Roasted sesame)
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1 1/2 cup pistachio
- And a square bowl
Method to make Tahini Halwa:
- Use normal or icing sugar. To make the icing sugar, blend normal sugar for a few minutes in a food processor
- First, use a medium or large bow and add 1 cup of the icing sugar into the bowl
- Then, add 1 cup of milk powder into it
- Now, put 1 1/2 cup of tahini into the bowl and combine well
- Go on to mix the entire mixture to get a hard or doughy consistency
- Now, take a plastic wrap, covering it from all sides
- Add the processed mixture into a bowl
- Next, use the back of a glass and press it till the surface gets even
- Finally, garnish with dry fruits
- Cover the bowl entirely with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for a day.
Do give us your valuable feedback and stay tuned for such amazing blogs!