Chaat is said to be one of the most famous snack that has its roots originated from Uttar Pradesh, India. It is considered to be a favorite snack found on the road-sides with different flavors that would sooth your palate. One such Chaat is Palak Chaat.
Its currently spread across the Indian subcontinent and is said to have a huge impact on the food industry. Chaats are also making wave across different subcontinents for there different and mouth watering flavors,ranging from sour to sweet,based on your liking and mixed with a variety of spices.
Palak Chaat is a Healthy and tasty Chaat recipe which is mainly prepared from Palak Pakoda , Dates Tamarind Chutney, Coriander Mint Green Chutney , Curd and Sev.
To prepare this snack,you need to follow certain steps:
1. Batter preparation for the pakoda
2.Preparing and cooking the palak pakoda
3.Making a chaat out of the palak pakoda with the necessary spices
Ingredients ( Palak Chaat ):
1.For making the pakoda:
- Palak(Spinach leaves)
- Besan(Chickpea flour)
- Corn flour+rice flour
- Red chilli powder
- Carom seeds
- Garam masala
- Date Tamarind Chutney
- Coriander Mint Chutney
- Coriander leaves
Instructions ( Palak Chaat ):
- Heat the oil
- While the oil is being heated,start preparing the batter for the pakoda
- Take besan into the bowl
- Add corn flour and rice flour to it
- Add red chilli powder,salt,carom seeds,garam masala, water and mix it well.
- Mix it in a way that the batter is free from any lumps and it would appear thick.
1.For deep frying the pakoda
- Once batter is ready dip the palak leaf into the prepared besan batter and coat it completely.
- Start Deep frying in hot oil.
- Stir occasionally and fry on both sides until it turns golden and crisp.
- After the pakoda turns golden and appears crisp,transfer it to a plate.
- Arrange palak pakoda on the plate.
- Pour dates tamarind chutney, green chutney, curd, onion, tomato, pomegranate.
- Sprinkle chilli powder, Sev and Coriander.
- Start mixing it up.
- Palak chaat or spinch chaat is ready to serve.