Semolina upma is a delectable South Indian dish that is usually considered as a breakfast or a dinner option.It is made by continuously stirring the roasted semolina(sooji) with veggies,green chilies,curry leaves and so on!
It is also one of the healthiest dishes consumed mostly by the South Indians for its vast benefits.
Semolina (sooji) has proven to improve cardiovascular conditions and prevent any infections from affecting the body. Further, it contains selenium which helps to prevent myocardial infarction,cardiac failure’s and more. Moreover, It even helps in improving the immune system, thereby subsiding the symptoms of infection.
Here is the step by step process of making a delicious semolina upma!
Ingredients to make semolina upma :
- Green peas
- Curry leaves
- Green Chili
- Mustard seeds
- White urad dal(Split black gram)
- First, on a heated pan, pour some semolina on to the pan and roast it. Further, start stirring the roasted semolina or it mite get stuck to the pan
- Second, roast till the semolina appears dry and crisp.
- Now, switch off the flame and keep the roasted semolina aside for a while in a different plate.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds
- Now add urad daal and stir-fry it. In addition to this add curry leaves, onion, green chilies, carrot, tomatoes and fry it
- Then add green peas to it and stir it
- Next add some water and salt as per taste
- Finally, add the roasted semolina and stir well
- Cook on a low flame for 2 minutes and consequently, switch off the flame and serve
- You can serve the upma with chutney and pickle. You can also serve it with pappad