Bhavnagiri Gathiya is a Gujarati snack usually enjoyed during tea time and we can make it quite easily. Bhaagari Gathiya is quiet delicious and can be consumed at any time.
Most of the Indians consume it during tea time but many use it to spice their meals as well. Undoubtable, they do love it.
Description of the item:
- Item Name: Bhavnagiri Gathiya
- Cuisine: Indian
- Gype: Snack
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Making time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Bhavnagiri Gathiya :
- Besan (Gram flour/Chickpea flour)
- Ajwain (Celery)
- Hing (Asafoetida)
- Cooking soda
- Take besan also known as Gram flour in a deep dished bowl
- Now, add ajwain into it.
- Ajwain seeds (Carrom seeds)
- Next, add cooking soda and salt. Ensure that you add only a little bit of soda as more can create over crispiness and in some cases stomach upsets too! Always add salt according to your taste
- Next, add some water and mix it. Do not add lot of water as it can lead to high oil absorption resulting in oily food
- Now, add 3-4 table spoons of oil to soften the dough
- Add some water and prepare dough for gathiya
- Our Bhavnagiri gathiya dough is ready
- Add oil to deep fry the gathiya in a deep pan. Try to use oil that does not create a after taste
- Add and apply the technique as shown in the video by rubbing the dough to prepare Bhavnagiri gathiya. Its a simple method can be easily adopted
- Fry till it turns crispy and golden in color.
- Finally, to give it that extra kick, add and serve it with onion, sambar or chutney or fried green chili.