Welcome to another post of tastetickles! Most of you would have been to Barbeque Nation and would have enjoyed their delicious starter course. One of the starters that has been particularly dear to me and I order always is Grilled Pineapple.
This delicious variation on the pineapple can fill our stomachs and heart at the same time. So without any further ado, lets just into our grilled pineapple recipe with a desi twist!
Dish: Grilled Pineapple
Served as: Starters/Snack
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients Required for Grilled Pineapple:
- Pineapple: 1 cup(sliced and quartered)
- Chilli Powder: 1-1.5 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Chat Masala: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: To taste
- Honey: 2 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice: 2 tablespoon
- Oil(to brush/grease): 3-4 teaspoon
- In a deep dish bowl, mix together all the dry spices.
- Addin the honey and the lime juice in batches until you get a consistency that’s not too runny nor thick
- Add in the pineapples and coat them well with the above mixture
- Set the coated pineapple aside for half an hour
- Now, grease the skewers and skew the coated pineapples into them
- In order to grill, we can use an oven or a frying pan(Tawa)
- If you are using an oven, then preheat the oven to 200 degrees for 10 minutes followed by cooking at 180 for 10-15 minutes. After the first 6 minutes, take the pineapple out and brush them with oil and continue cooking
- If you intend to use a frying pan, then heat the pan initially, grease it with oil and cook the pineapple in low/medium flame. Add in a turn coupled with oil greasing after every 90 seconds or so until the pineapples are done
- Do not overcook as the pineapple would lose moisture and turn out to be dry rather than juicy
- Serve hot for a tasty experience
- If there is leftover spice mixture, the same came used along with the oil while cooking in order to retain moisture and juiciness. Do remember that, if used excessively, this could lead to greater spice and hotness.
- If you are not a fan of spice/hotness, then do use a spoon of chilli flakes instead of chilli powder
- For a simpler version, you can use chilli powder, salt and lemon juice alone and still get a great taste
For More such food blogs, visit here